Shipping from China to Japan | Rates – Transit times – Duty & Taxes – Advice
Affordable, reliable, competitive.
No matter what type of cargo needs shipping, Hong Ou Ocean Shipping can provide the most cost-effective service for you.
Honouroceanshipping provides sea freight services with competitive price, best service, and best shipping solutions from China to japan
freight forwarder to japan
Air freight to japan
sea freight to japan
Honourocean makes your international transport easier, faster, and even cheaper than before!
Table Of Contents For This Page
It is not easy to introduce all aspects of shipping from china to Japan, so we have prepared a lot of information on this page for you to delve into. To make sure you can find the information you want quickly, we have prepared this content directory that will jump to the corresponding location when you click on it.
Shipping methods from China to Japan
There are many different types of shipping methods available, and it can be confusing to determine which one is right for you. In general, there are four main types of shipping methods: express shipping,air freight, sea freight, DDP shipping. Each type of shipping method has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to consider all of your options before making a decision.
Sea Freight from China to Japan-cheapest shipping method
Japan, the third maritime power in the world, has 7000 islands and makes the way easy for sea freights. Based on the size of goods.
FCL (Full Container Load) or LCL (Less Container Load) is selected. When the goods are transported by sea, the costs will be lower. It is also possible to transfer several products ranging from small ones to the large and heavy ones which are highly recommendable.
The number of ports located in China is a lot but some popular ports that can be punctual and planned for shipping goods from China to Japan are mentioned in the following list:
- Shanghai Seaport: this port is a really busy cargo port which sends and receives a big number of products.
- Shenzhen Seaport: this port is near Guangdong which is an industrial city that can transfer different products to different destinations.
- Ningbo Seaport: it is situated near Shanghai and handles a lot of cargos every year.
- Qingdao Seaport: Qingdao is a really important city because of its logistics developing unique services for the importers.
- Guangzhou Seaport: this port is situated near a city with the same name which is one of the famous cities in China because of its developing industry
Main Seaports in Japan
Japan is a well-known country because of its ports. Some of the popular ones are:
- Port of Tokyo: one of the largest seaports in the Pacific Ocean with a capacity of 100 million tons of cargo annually.
- Port of Nagoya: the largest and busiest cargo port in Japan because Toyota Motor Corporation exports most of its cars from this port.
- Port of Osaka: it is situated in Osaka Bay which has some sister ports such as Busan port.
- Port of Yokohama: it has 10 piers for different purposes and destinations. More than 40000 ships are served in this port every year.
- Port of Akita: it is one of the old ports and its cargo shipment is more than that of the passengers.
Ocean freight will be the best deal for you if :
- Your suppliers are located near a major Chinese port
- Your goods are bigger than 1 CBM
- You’re not in a hurry to receive them
Air freight from china to Japan
China and Japan are well connected by air. China Cargo Airlines is providing direct flight to the Airports of Tokyo Narita and Osaka Kansai, from numerous Chinese cities. China Southern Airlines is also linking directly Japan to China. On the other side Nippon Airway and Nippon Cargo Airlines are deserving Chinese cities like Shanghai and Guangzhou.
Airports in Japan are well-developed and effective, even if they aren’t numerous. There are only 6 international airports for the whole country of Japan, and five of them are situated in the Island of Honshu. They are serving as intermediaries between the other 45 airports of the country. All the international goods and passengers are passing by these 6 airports before landing to their final destination in Japan. Here are the cities owning an international cargo airports:
- Tokyo International Airport; Narita and Haneda
- Osaka; Kansai and Osaka
Express shipping cost
express shipping is fastest shipping method
Express or courier companies shipping from China to Japan has different types; including DHL, UPS, EMS, FEDEX, and TNT which are door to door delivery. This service is really great for those parcels which are not very heavy and they have a high value. The weight of each parcel cannot be more than 2 kg. The post office or the shipping company gives you a tracking number to track the parcel from China to Japan in the website. There is not a specific time to deliver the package but it is about 3 to 7 days by express shipping. There are some websites that by entering exact destination, size and weight of the parcel; the costs are shown because they are inseparable. Express freight is also expensive. All parcels cost fuel charges and insurance of €25 plus its own shipment cost.
Door to Door Delivery from china to Japan
The forwarder will:
i. Arrange for pickup of your cargo from your supplier
ii. Transport them to the port
iii. Clear the goods on your behalf
iv. Load them on a carrier for shipment
v. Do customs clearance at the port of destination
vi. Arrange for transporting the cargo to your premises
Freight Forwarder China To Japan Amazon
- FBA Inspection-Quality Assurance
- FBA Prep-100% Amazon Compliant
- Shipping/Air to japan amazon warehouse
Want check newest freight ?
Please note that the final cost depends on the product name, weight and volume, Take the example of general cargo freight.
Air freight rates
Please note that the final cost depends on product name, weight and volume,ship way
The price of fuel increases every year and fuel consumption of an airplane depends on its weight and distance. Therefore, the shipment cost is calculated based on the weight of cargos and the distance that an airplane should fly. This cost is more for charter services. It is usually more expensive to transfer goods in shorter distances because a long amount of time is spent on the ground and in the air for landing and taking off; so in order to save costs, it is better to transfer goods on road for shorter distances. There is some related information about air freight from China to Japan:
|Route||FOB Price||Minimum Order||Transit Time|
|China – Japan||$ 0.7 – 1. 2||100 kg||2-3 days|
|Shenzhen – Tokyo||$ 5 – 10||1 kg||2 – 3 days|
|China – Japan||$ 2||1 kg||1 – 5 days|
Sea Freight Cost
As the number of freight forwarders is a lot in China and different shipping companies offer different prices for sea freight from China to Japan, it is needed to find a trustworthy freight forwarder to do all necessary tasks with competitive rates without wasting time and having potential headaches. Sea freight can help you save your money for shipping. Although you need to wait longer for your goods to be delivered, less money is paid. In addition, if you try to plan your shipment in advance or in a bigger container, you will pay less. Some information related to sea freight from china to Japan is provided:
|Route||FOB Price||Minimum Order||Transit Time|
|Guangzhou – Japan||$ 5 – 45||1 container||5-10days|
|Shenzhen – Japan||$ 1 – 50||1 CBM||7-15days|
|China – Japan||$ 200||1 20FT container||5-10 days|
|China – Japan||$ 50||1 CBM||7-5days|
Entire Shipping Process
Step 1: check freight base customer reqeust (1-2 hours)
Via some basic information: product name, weight, the volume we send quotation confirm ship way
Step 2: Consolidation(1-3days)
Honourocean contact supply sends the goods to our warehouse or we pick up the goods for you.
Step 3: Shipping by air or sea
We will arrange your goods send to your country(the sea port ,air port ,or door to door).
Step 4: Tracking
When your goods have sent, we will send you the tracking number, you can check the status anytime.
Step 5: Arrival
We will make an appointment to arrange to pick up your goods.Customer will pick up with BL
Want to know when to book space?
Normally we book space in advance 2-3days, if peak season, we book in advance 1 or 2 weeks
here is basic knowledge you should know before shipping
What are the different types of shipping containers available and what are their uses? The 4 Most Common Types of Shipping Containers Dry Storage Container. Flat Rack Container. Refrigerated ISO Containers. Special Purpose Containers. Standard
What is WeChat? WeChat is a messaging app that allows you to connect with other WeChat users through text, voice, and video messaging. You can also use it to make calls, share photos and
Top 15 China Dropshipping Suppliers & How to Find them? In the following article, we will break down the top 15 dropshipping suppliers. We are going to show you where you can find them as
In the business world, it is important to be familiar with all of the latest terms and phrases. This way, you can appear to be knowledgeable in your field and be able to carry on
The Ultimate Guide to CIF vs. FOB: Understanding the Key Differences When it comes to shipping, there are two main terms that business owners need to understand: CIF and FOB. Both of these acronyms stand
In the following article, we are going to break down the COC certificate. COC or Certificate of Conformity plays a very important role when importing from China. Without having one, in most cases, you could
Top 10 US Freight Forwarders If you require shipping assistance, this article surely will be of help to you. There are countless freight forwarders in the United States. Therefore it is important to know what
Top 10 Freight Forwarders in Hawaii This small and beautiful group of islands is located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Consisting of 8 small islands, this place is rather isolated. Yet, due to
How to Sell on Amazon FBA – A Beginners Guide Amazon is a global e-commerce giant. Its rapid growth and adaptive style now allows for more types of products than ever before to be sold.
Here is commom pitfalls many customers meet
As 12 years logistics provider, Honourocean is a professional, reliable， honest freight forwarder.
we can solve all these problems for you.
We Have Great Answers
Do I Need Insurance?
As shipment, especially shipping from China to Japan, is always in danger of accident, theft or storm, it is highly recommendable to insure the goods. Most shipping companies offer a variety of insurance services because they work with big insurers in their area to be able to cover your goods in every condition. If your goods are damaged, they are refunded which only costs 0.5% to 1% depending on the type of goods, transport and shipment cost. Therefore, selecting a supportive insurer can improve the security of the goods based on the specific insurance policy . The insurance cost will be calculated by this formula :
(goods’ value + freight value) * 0.5-1%
There are two types of the insurance for your goods. One of them is the transfer insurance which supports costs for non-delivery of goods but you need to remember that this insurance is not related to delays in goods delivery. It is recommendable for expensive goods. The other type of insurance is called marine cargo insurance which is used for sea, air and road transports. The goods are insured against any damages occurred due to loading or unloading, accident, climate, theft, piracy, and other problems. So this insurance is mostly suitable for international transports.
How much Taxes/Duties will you Pay to Import from China to Japan?
when arrange customs clearance, you will pay tax.
You must calculate the ration time/cost How much tax will I pay for importing goods from China to Japan? As there isn’t any Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between both countries, and that the China-Korea-Japan FTA is still under negotiations, it is almost impossible for you to benefit of a duties and taxes exemption
You will pay a tax/duty ranging from 13% to 17% when importing from China to Japan.
Mostly, 13% applies to products that fall under agricultural as well as utility items.
The only goods exempted from tax are those with a customs value of 10,000 yen or less.
Which Goods Can you Import from China to Japan?
China is the world’s largest manufacturing hub as well as exporter.
Meaning, any type of product can be found in the Chinese market.
Owing to this, there are several types of goods that you can import from China to Japan.
I also want you to know that not all types of goods are allowed in Japan. I shall elaborate on this later. Keep reading.
Here are some goods you can import from China to Japan;
- Machinery and transport equipment
- Raw materials
- Clothing and accessories
- Computer and units
- Telephony Telegraphy
- Live animals
- Mineral fuels
- Crude materials
- Office equipment
- Medical and Pharmaceutical products
- Gas, natural and manufactured
What is the Prohibited or Restricted Good for Import from China to Japan?
Before importing from China to Japan, it’s important to know about the restricted goods.
You cannot import any kind of goods you wish from China to Japan due to the restrictions enacted on certain types of products.
Let me walk you through some of these prohibited goods;
- Explosives – Explosives are not restricted rather prohibited in Japan. These include gun powder and dynamites among others.
- Flammable products –As we are aware, there are several flammable products in the market and most of these are those that include ethanol as their ingredients.
Some of these products include insecticides and nail polish just to mention a few.
- Counterfeit items and pirated resources. Whether it is money, credit cards, or any other counterfeit products.
- Narcotic drugs –Some of these illegal drugs include; Cocaine, magic mushrooms, cannabis, heroin, opium, and psychotropic drugs among others.
- Firearms and ammunition –You are not allowed to bring in any form of firearm or ammunition into Japan. Whether it is a gun, gun powder, bombs, and biological weapons. It is highly prohibited.
Furthermore, empty guns are no exemption.
Owning such can only be exempted if you have a permit issued by the National Public Safety Commission.
- If you are planning to import hunting rifles, swords (more than 55cm blade length), air guns, and blades (more than 14 cm blade length) you need to be granted possession permission.
The Prefectural Public Safety Commission is responsible for providing possession permission to importers of such commodities.
- Pornographic materials. This might include books, paintings, or drawings. Pornographic materials are not allowed in Japan.
- Radioactive materials
- Plants (including herbal plants) – In a bid to control pest infestation in the country, Japan has restrictions on the importation of certain types of plants. Before commencing your importation process from China to Japan it’s important to confirm with the Plant Quarantine Station’s website.
- Vaporizing materials
- Meat products or animal-derived products –Japan doesn’t allow meat and meat products into the country owing to the existence of livestock diseases.
Some of these products include; Meat, eggs, raw milk, straw of grains, and hay for feed (for some regions).
However, if you acquire an inspection certificate from the government agency of the country exporting you shall be exempted.
- Germs, which might be used for bioterrorism
Which Services do Freight Forwarders Provide when Shipping from China to Japan?
- Warehousing – Before your goods are ready to be shipped, they will need storage space.
Freight forwarders are responsible for securing an appropriate storage space for your goods.
- Packaging – Packaging is an important aspect when shipping any type of product. Some goods such as fragile goods require special packaging.
Working with freight forwarders will ensure that your goods are packaged with the ideal type of packaging to avoid any losses during the shipping process.
Owing to their experience in this field, freight forwarders are in a good position to advise you accordingly regarding any queries about your cargo packaging.
- Custom Clearance –If you ask any importer about the most challenging process during shipping, they will probably mention custom clearance.
During custom clearance, you are required to present all the legal documents for your cargo to be shipped.
This might cause a delay in situations whereby you don’t present all the required documents or some information is lacking.
To avoid going through this, hiring a freight forwarder will be the best solution.
- Oversee loading process – Freight forwarders ensure that your goods are carefully and accurately loaded into the ship.
- Booking shipping space – When working with a freight forwarder, you don’t have to worry about securing shipping space for your cargo.
Once you agree on the shipping terms that you prefer, a freight forwarder will book shipping space for your goods.
- Inspection – Inspecting your goods before the commencement of the shipping process is a crucial step in ensuring that you get what you ordered.
The best bit of it is that you don’t need to be present for your cargo inspection to be conducted appropriately.
Freight forwarders will do that for you as you continue with your daily routines.
- Goods pick up –Once you source your products, freight forwarders pick up the goods from your supplier and transport them to the warehouse. They are also responsible for transporting your goods to the port.
What are the Challenges in Shipping Freight from China to Japan?
Challenges are part of any shipping process and therefore be prepared to experience some when shipping your goods.
Some of the challenges you might encounter when shipping freight from China to Japan are not limited to;
- Language barrier – The communication barrier is one of the major challenges most importers experience not only when shipping from China to Japan but also to other countries.
Most Chinese are not conversant with English making communication a big challenge.
- Scammers – There are several scammers in the logistics industry and so you need to ensure that you wisely choose your business associates.
A simple act of asking for certificates or any other legal documentation might save you from huge losses.
Do proper research before engaging someone or a company in business with you.
- Delays- It’s hard to predict whether or not your shipment will delay more so if it’s due to unforeseen environmental conditions.
Other than that, it’s important to ensure that you have proper documentation at hand as this is also one of the causes of delays.
- Government regulations –Some government regulations such as the restriction of some goods make it a challenge when shipping from China to Japan.
This is due to the several processes required to legalize the shipping of certain types of goods.
What are the Best Incoterm in Freight Shipping from China to Japan?
What Documents do you need to Ship from China to Japan?
Customs clearance is one of the tedious steps of importation owing to the numerous paperwork involved.
The customs determine whether or not your goods are ready for shipping.
When your goods arrive at the port of departure (China), you will be required to provide the necessary documents to be cleared for shipping.
In this case, the documents needed include;
- Bill of Lading
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- Inspection certificate
These are just a few of the main documentation required among other documents.
Having submitted all documents, your freight forwarders will go through them to ensure that everything is appropriate.
Working with a reliable freight forwarder is key to ensuring a stress-free process.
If you’re experiencing any problems, Honourocean is here to handle all your custom clearance processes.
Afterward, the customs officials will inspect your goods and evaluate them to determine the cost of duties and taxes.
Once everything is completed, you will make the customs payment.
Depending on the shipping agreement you have, you will be required to pay for the taxes and duties or the supplier does.
After your goods arrive in Japan, you will again be required to pass your goods through customs.
Often the same procedures are followed as seen at the port of origin.
First, present all the necessary documents required to clear your goods for entry.
Thereafter, customs officials will inspect your goods to confirm that they are permitted into the country.
Once your goods are cleared, you will pay the customs duties/ taxes and they will be ready to be transported to the respective warehouse.
How long is shipping process from China to Japan ?
This question is one of the popular questions in shipping because time is really essential in business and people need to manage their plans based on the time in order to get the best services. The cargo shipping method has a great role in time and cost estimation. It usually takes about 7 to 12 days by air while it is about 3 to 7 days by express shipping from China to Japan.about 10-15days by sea shipping.
5 star review from our cooperate customers
They are happy cooperate with Honourocean
Get The earliest ship schedule Now!
Schedule a free consultation today and save freight cost.
Ready ok to ship?
Leave your details below and we will contact you within 1 hour
Here's why people keep coming back:
We do the work for you.
The Honourocean team is well-versed in the shipping industry. We know what information is vital and what paperwork is needed for each shipment. And we know how to make sure your goods arrive on time, every time.
Saving You Time and Money
Honour Ocean Shipping has been a provider of shipping services to customers in China and around the worldwide.
Honouroceanshipping has flexible schedule for cargo delivery which can be as early as overnight to America. Our expedited shipping service takes care of your urgent goods delivery needs from China to Japan.